The Magnum TAC-II (MTAC-II) is the Generation II of the Soldier Plate Carrier System currently in use by the U.S. Army. The SPCS (originally called the MTAC-I) was developed by KDH Defense Systems for the Army and is currently issued to all combat troops in Afghanistan (over 60,000 units). Based on information received from both Soldiers in the field as well as law enforcement officers here in the U.S., KDH set out to produce a Generation II of the MTAC-I. The MTAC-II provides the LE officer with enhancements to a lighter weight system, higher ballistic performance options, greater mobility and simplicity in fit, form & function.
• Superior comfort and ease of use
• New, lighter weight, scalable design
• Highly adjustable for improved fit. The vest can be adjusted “on-the-run” without removing the vest with its side adjustable straps. The vest can be adjusted real-time as mission requirements change.
• Cummerbund connects with side release buckles rather than hook and loop for greater adjustability on the move and superior noise discipline.
• Reinforced drag handle
• Low-profile design.
• Sides connect with 2” side release buckles when not used with the external cummerbunds (pull to the front adjustments).
• Can be ordered to fit 10×12 hard armor plates or U.S. issue X-Small thru X-Large ESAPI/XSAPI hard armor plates.
• 360° MOLLE mounting surfaces.
• Anti-microbial liner
• External cummerbunds that accept soft ballistic panels
• Side plate pouches for increased protection
• Groin and lower back protector compatible
Black, Coyote Brown, Multi-CAM camouflage fabrics, Ranger Green, Universal Camo