Advantages of the Special Operation Forces Tactical Tourniquet (SOF®TT)
- 100% Effective: Proven to be 100% effective during USAISR testing.
- Durability: The SOFTT is constructed of quality, high strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in the most extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme temperatures.
- No hook-and-loop is used to maintain tension. This greatly reduces the chance of accidental release of the tourniquet during patient movement. The buckle will also perform when dirty, muddy or sandy. Blood + sand = mud. A Hook-and-loop fastener does not work when it is dirty.
- Safety set screw prevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement.
- Dual locking rings provide a backup in the event of a broken ring.
- Low maintenance: Safety screws and buckles are now factory coated with a rust preventative/lubricant
- Repairable: The SOFTT can be easily repaired if it is damaged. 550 cord, boot laces or zip ties can be used to replace the tri-rings. Nothing is indestructible and being able to repair equipment in the field is a necessity for soldiers.
- One of 3 TCCC recommended tourniquets